Reporting on Germany for the
Oxford Reports on
International Law in Domestic Courts (ILDC)
ILDC covers international law as applied in the domestic courts of around 70 jurisdictions. The geographical scope is intended to be as broad as possible; ILDC currently reports on countries from every continent in the world and continues to add new reporters and new jurisdictions. The ILDC database is published by Oxford University Press. Content-wise, it is edited by Professors Erika de Wet and André Nollkaemper of the Amsterdam Center for International Law.
The policy for ILDC has been to focus first on relevant cases from 2000 to the present for each jurisdiction, and then to work back through decisions earlier years to boost increase the size of the archive. Occasionally, ILDC reports on much earlier cases if they are very important for the development of international law jurisprudence in a particular jurisdiction.
From 2010 to 2013, the German reporting team for ILDC was coordinated at the Chair of Public Law, Public International Law and European Law of Humboldt University Berlin (Professor Georg Nolte) by Senior Research Fellow Dr. Helmut Philipp Aust.
As of 2014, it is coordinated by Christian Djeffal, Munich/Darmstadt and its members are (in alphabetical order):
- Dr. Helmut Philipp Aust, Senior Research Fellow, Humboldt University Berlin
- Christian Djeffal, Law Clerk at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Main)
- Dr. Jeannine Drohla, German Federal Ministry of Defence
- Dr. Christian Hoppe, Judge at the Upper Regional Court of Cologne
- Dr. Thomas Kleinlein, Senior Research Fellow at the Goethe University of Frankfurt/Main
- Sebastian Recker, Research Fellow at the University of Göttingen
- Dr. Birgit Schlütter, Senior Research Fellow, University of Münster
- Prof. Dr. Frank Schorkopf, University of Göttingen
- Peter Staubach, Research Fellow, Humboldt University Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Christian J. Tams, University of Glasgow
- Robin Caballero, Research fellow, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin/Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne